Queer Character Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Are You Headed?

2 posters

Go down

Where Are You Headed? Empty Where Are You Headed?

Post by Axton Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Jae Quinn tapped his fingers against the steering wheel of his SUV as he waited for the gas tank to get filled. Although he was roadtripping across the country, he had chosen an SUV so that he had somewhere to sleep at night. Sure, a van would've worked, but vans look hella creepy.

He slicked his bright orange hair back into a messy ponytail. Jae scanned the parking lot and finally got out of his car. He was hungry; he wanted a candy bar. Humming softly to himself he entered the small gas station.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where Are You Headed? Empty Re: Where Are You Headed?

Post by drawlina Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 am

A black boy handed the cashier his change and took his candy bar, munching on it hungrily. He was about to walk out of the store when he almost crashed into the newcomer. His eyebrows furrowed at the sight of him.

"...You aren't from around here," he said. It was more of a statement than a question.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am

Jae smiled at him.

"Nope, I'm just stopping to get gas and then I'm back on the road again." He replied.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:27 pm

"Where're you headed?" he asked cautiously, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Somewhere nearby? Or someplace very, very far away?"
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 pm

"Well," he began. "I'm going to stick around this area for a little longer, but after that I'm headed out of state and eventually across the country."

Jae grabbed a candy bar and put it on the counter, reaching for his wallet. "Why do you wanna know?"
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 pm

"Got any room in your car for me to hitch a ride? I'm headed the way you're headed."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Jae shrugged.

"Sure, but I'm going to be making frequent stops along the way. If you're okay with that, I don't mind you riding along. I can even pay for you, if you want." He smiled at the other man. "So, what's your name? I'm Jae Quinn."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:02 pm

"Oscar," he said, extending his hand. "And I'm more than okay with frequent stops, as long as they're not here. I'm uh, eager to see the world and all that."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Jae rose an eyebrow as he took his candy bar and headed back to his SUV. He opened the back of it and motioned for Oscar to put whatever he had in the back. There were no seats in the back, and instead a mattress had been placed over most of it and the other space was used for storing Jae's personal items.

"You get to sit up front with me, hope that's ok," he replied.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Oscar tossed his oddly light backpack into the back and climbed into the front seat without any complaint. Looking at this man's car, the chances of him soliciting sexual favors in exchange for a ride were about 70/30, but he didn't care. His life depended on how quickly he could get out of this damn town.

"We're gonna be out of town by nightfall, right?" he asked, fiddling with his thumbs.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

"Yep! I'm hoping to be at the nearest national park by tomorrow morning," Jae replied as he started the engine. "So, you're from here?"
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 pm

"Yeah, I guess," he said, sounding fairly distracted as he glanced out the window. "Born and raised. What about you? Why don't you tell me about yourself?"
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:15 pm

"Well, let's see. What do you want to know?" Jae scratched his head beneath his fiery orange hair. He glanced at Oscar as he drove. "I don't lead a very exciting life, to be honest."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 pm

"Tell me everything," he replied flatly. "I don't really know anything about you, do I? If you don't wanna talk, that's cool, but you should put on the radio if that's the case."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 pm

"O-okay, well," Jae paused as he thought. "My father was Irish and my mother Korean. I know next to nothing about my mother except that I'm currently on this road trip in order to look for her and that she works at one of the national parks in the US."
He chuckled. "Really wish dad'd specified which one before he died, but, what can you do.
"Uhm, other than hthat I'm an only child, I'm twenty-two years old. My hair is natural, I get that a lot as you can imagine why. I have a degree in botany that I'm currently not using but plan to in the near future."
Jae looked over at Oscar. "That's about it. Like I said, not very exciting."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 pm

"Cool," he replied in a monotone. "So, how did you want me to pay you back for this ride, exactly? You can be blunt--I won't turn you down, whatever it is."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:47 pm

"Oh, no need," he replied honestly. "It's not like I'm going out of my way or anything."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:51 pm

"Sure," he said, his tone betraying his skepticism. He ate the rest of his candy bar quickly and crumpled the wrapper in his hand.

After about ten minutes of silence, he asked, "Are we going the speed limit, or can you step on the gas a little more?"
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:07 pm

"We'll be out of town soon, if that's what you're worried about," he replied calmly.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum