I Wanna Do Bad Things With You

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Wanna Do Bad Things With You

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Cash waited patiently for his friend at a snug booth in the pub, already nursing his first IPA. He sipped from the bottle as he swiped through his Grindr--while he had been looking forward to meeting this guy for a while, he'd definitely be needing another kind of meetup later in the evening.

So engrossed was he in his phone that for a while he forgot to watch the door, but he wasn't too worried. He looked just like the description he had given: 6'2, white, redhead, muscular. A Seahawks shirt, faded from too many washes, clung closely to his torso.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Wanna Do Bad Things With You

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:37 pm

There he was, just as described. Tall, which was evident even though he was sitting down, and he really wasn't kidding about his physique. Angel pulled his sleeves down to his knuckles, gripping the fabric as he anxiously looked around. He had to go over eventually but he wasn't mentally prepared. They had been talking for months now; what if he made a total fool of himself? Which was, unfortunately, more than likely with his incredibly socially awkward he was.

He gave himself a short, internal pep talk, sighed, and then finally walked over to the booth.

"H...hey there, I'm Angel," he said, tucking a stray piece of dyed blond hair behind his ear. He tried to smile. "And you're...Cash, right?"
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:55 pm

He put down his phone and grinned, standing up and accepting a hand.

"Yeah, man! Cool to see you in person!" He smiled a big, bright smile. His teeth were amazing, lined up in perfect, gleaming rows. "You look just about as hardcore as I pictured, if I'm being honest! Come on, what do you drink? First round's on me."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Angel took his seat next to Cash and was surprised by just how snug the booth was. It probably wasn't meant to hold two six foot something men, and Cash was twice as wide as he was in the first place.

"Oh, I...don't..." Angel coughed. "Uh, what are you drinking? I haven't...I mean, I don't really...?" he trailed off, hoping he hadn't already made things awkward.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:03 pm

He raised a brow. "Really? Why did you wanna meet in a bar, then, man? We could go somewhere else."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:05 pm

"It just, I mean, that's what people do, right?" he pushed his hair from his face, looking aside. Yep. Awkward. already. Cool. "I...okay...I'm gonna be really honest, I don't really have much...experience...with any of this? Sort of thing? I mean..."

Angel sighed, his face burned red with embarrassment. "I don't have a lot of...friends. So...."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Cash burst out laughing, slapping his leg.

"Shit, man, my bad! I guess I never really asked if you like bars, huh? Okay, new plan. Do you like Jamba Juice, maybe? We can ghost this place faster than a bad Grindr hookup if you'd like."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:25 pm

There were a lot of words strung together that Angel wasn't entirely sure he knew the definition of, but he kind of numbly nodded as he waited for his brain to dissect the sentence properly.

"Uhh, Jamba Juice is really good, actually," he said, and then, after a confused pause, "...wait, are you, uh???"

He hesitated, making an awkward hand gesture at the phrase "Grindr".

"Like...you...know, uh....?"
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:27 pm

He grinned from ear to ear. "Nah, I'm not drunk--I only had the half a beer. Come on, let's go--did you drive here?"

He slung his large arm around Angel's shoulder like they had known each other for years.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:33 pm

It was overly familiar, but not unpleasant. That's what Angel ultimately decided as Cash slung an arm around his shoulder.

"No, I don't drive," he admitted somewhat sheepishly. "I live in the dorms, so there's not really a need; they have everything I need on campus, so..."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:37 pm

"Well, do you know where the nearest Jamba Juice is, tour guide?" he asked as he gave him a playful nudge. "I only picked this particular place because it had booze and my phone said I could walk here from where I'm staying."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm

"Oh, uh, yeah, I know this part of town pretty well," he said, absently pulling his phone from his pocket and checking the time. The background was a pic of Lars Ragnar from when he did a cover for a magazine some years ago in his prime.

Angel composed himself once more, smiled reassuringly at Cash, and stood up.

"It's just down the block."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:04 pm

He leaned over his phone and pointed at the lock screen.

"That your boyfriend?" he asked, only half-teasing.  "I'd hate to make a scandal for you in your own town by looking too cozy at the local Jamba Juice."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:11 pm

"What?! No!" he stammered, far too defensively to be joking once he caught Cash's tone. "It's...I mean, how can you not know who Lars Ragner is?" Nice save. Probably.

"I mean, he's only the greatest metal musician who ever lived; don't tell me you don't listen to metal," he said, trying to channel his defensiveness into this route instead.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:17 pm

He shook his head. "I'm more of a rap guy. I know--pasty redhead who loves rap. But it's what I like to listen to. And I tan pretty nicely, so there's that, too." He laughed again, drawing the stares of passerby on the street as they walked toward the Jamba Juice. Not that they weren't quite a sight already--it was like two of the towering palm trees had eloped together.

"Why do you like metal, anyway? I thought you were the type who was looking to fight demons. Isn't that kinda their thing? Stereotypically speaking, of course."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:36 pm

"Err, well," he stammered, rubbing the back of his neck. "I mean, theoretically, but when you think about it, it's usually, like, a metaphor and it's not, like, really meant to be taken at face value. You know? It's more about, like, real world shit and not literal, actual demons and angels and stuff."

Angel smiled at Cash. "But, man, you should really listen to, at least, Lars Ragnar, he's like...my hero. Honestly. He's amazing."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:41 pm

He nodded. "Okay, okay. Someone with as much experience in badassery as you has to know something, right? I'll give him a listen.

"So how'd you get into this stuff, anyway? It's been really hard for me to find a lot of friends with the same hobby."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:18 pm

"I've always been interested in it, since I was a kid, I guess," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets. "But, you're right about that hard to find friends thing..."

He pointed to the Jamba Juice up ahead and then motioned his new friend inside.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:59 pm

As they entered the refreshingly air-conditioned smoothie shop, Cash's phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out and swiped a couple times, grinning like a cat.

"Damn, my phone is blowing up. I love this town!"
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:06 pm

"Oh, do you know people around here or, like...?" he asked as he stood on his toes so he could see Cash's screen. He glanced away as quickly as he had looked. "O...oh...kay...Never mind that thought."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 pm

"Inorite? I can't remember the last time I got so many Grindr notifications either. It's like paradise." He glanced at the menu, giving his order some serious thought.

"Do you get lucky a lot, living in this town?"
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 pm

"M-me?" he exclaimed, and then, quieter, when someone gave him a dirty look, "I, uh...well...I'm not...I mean, first, I'm...not...and secondly, I'm also, like...I've never, uh..."

He made a vague hand gesture, which seemed all the more ridiculous with his perfectly painted black nails.

"So...in conclusion..........no." he finished lamely.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 pm

"Oh," he chuckled, stepping into line. "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry--it's okay if you're a virgin, different strokes for different folks or whatever people say. I just figured that kinda lifestyle would be hard in this town."

He turned to the somewhat awkward looking woman at the counter, flashing her a smile. "One Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie, please!" He shot Angel a wink. "Perfect before any kind of workout."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm

"I mean, I'm not..." Angel started to argue but Cash had already turned to the mortified woman at the counter so he just gave up on that entirely. He didn't really want to discuss that anyway so it was probably for the better.

Though that wink certainly didn't help give him the right idea about this little outing of theirs. He hoped he hadn't given Cash the wrong idea about any of this.

"I, uh, I just want a Matcha Green Tea Blast Smoothie, please, thanks," he said, toying with his hair.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Cash pulled out his wallet and paid for them both before Angel could say anything.

"This is me saying sorry for dragging you to a bar," he teased, flashing him that bright, perfect smile. "Least I can do is buy you a drink you like."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum