Queer Character Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar Empty A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar

Post by Axton Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Zayne Rafael-Graves did not do much aside from hunt demons and drink booze. There wasn't really a whole lot else to do when you lived in the "City of Demons". Sunny days had quickly devolved into rainy nights. Now he spent most of his nights at the bar, whenever he wasn't hunting demons, anyway.

That night, he was doing both. It was raining and a roll of thunder a crack of lightning in the distance barely caught his attention. It was like this most nights, now.

Zayne checked his shotgun for the third time since they had exited his car. He never knew what to expect and this time doubly so. He had only gotten one panicked call from the bartender with barely enough time to scream about demons before the call cut off. Free drinks for life if he managed to take care of his problem, though. That was something he could get behind.

"Som," Zayne said, looking to his demonic partner. "Any ideas about what's holed up in there?"

He gestured to the door of the bar with his shotgun.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar Empty Re: A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar

Post by drawlina Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Som shrugged, glancing at the ground. "I'm afraid I don't possess infinite knowledge of my brethren. Demons are far more varied and complex in their diversity than Earth-walkers. All I can tell you is that there's something here, and it's at least the size you and I are.

"I wish I could be more help--as I've said, it's my vested interest to keep you alive. Our current arrangement aside."

He looked down at the cuff on his ankle, shaking his foot to adjust its position.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar Empty Re: A Demon Hunter and a Demon Walk Into a Bar

Post by Axton Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Zayne shrugged and sighed.

"Remind me why I even bother keeping you around," he grumbled to himself as he slowly approached the door to the bar.

Shotgun in one hand, he reached and turned the doorknob, mentally preparing himself for anything. Demons were a tricky sort, after all.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Corpses were strewn about the cement floor haphazardly. Some were missing eyes, one poor soul had a split abdomen, but the majority looked bizarrely intact, with no wounds to give away the method of their demise. The smell of death was in the air, but not thick enough for these to have been here for more than a few hours.

Som gently placed a clawed hand on Graves' shoulder.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:17 pm

It wasn't anything that Zayne hadn't seen before, but the smell of death rarely gets easier to stomach. It's especially hard when you recognize more than a few of the bodies. Yet, Zayne steels himself, his face betraying none of the emotions he's feeling and steps further inside.

He steps over a few of the bodies, the ones he knows the reason for their death, until he reaches one of the more ambiguous ones. He uses the tip of his boot to turn the body over, although his gun is at the ready, expecting the worst.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Nothing much was amiss with the corpse. It was heavy, and made a gross sound as it rolled, but there were no marks on the back, either. It was as though these people had just dropped dead.

The entire bar was silent, not so much as a fly buzzing in a corner.

"The back rooms, perhaps?" Som whispered, his pupil-less eyes flitting around the room. The hair on his arms was raised, like a nervous dog's.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:54 pm

It was a trap, clearly. Zayne knew this, but there was not much to be done about it. It wasn't as if he could walk out and call it a day. He had to get rid of the demon who had done this, whether or not it made the scars across his face ache with the promise of a fight lurking around the corner.

"Be prepared for anything," Zayne said, checking his shotgun one last time as he stood in front of the door to the back. He took a deep breath and opened the door.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:02 pm

A chubby man rose from behind some kegs, pointing a large revolver at Zayne. He relaxed when he saw his face, his shaking hands lowering his weapon.

"Zayne, thank god. They got--they got everybody else. I think I'm the last one left."

He climbed out of the dusty corner, brushing cobwebs off of his shoulders.

"You haven't found anyone else, yet, have you?"
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:08 pm

"Don't move," he said, and he has not lowered his weapon. "Tell me everything that's happened but don't make any sudden movements."

Zane surveyed the room, expression cold as ever.

"Nothing personal, but I don't trust anyone walking around in this mess."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 pm

"I don't know when it started--people just began to drop like flies. We don't know where, when they got in--"

He squeezed past the kegs, only for his foot to land on something with a gross squelch. He looked down in horror, scratching behind his neck. Before he could utter another word, he began to choke violently, clawing at his throat.

Som jumped backward, staring at the ceiling with alarm. "Graves, we should--"

The bar owned fell forward, knocking crates of wine onto the ground and shattering some of their contents. Slowly, a black ooze leaked from his mouth, mixing with the wine.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Zayne began to step back, away from the mess mixing on the floor. He paused at the doorway and looked back, a body at his heels causing him to pause as he backs up.

"Som, what is happening?" He demanded, white knuckling the grip on his shotgun.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:59 pm

He met Graves' eyes, frowning. "Don't you see them?" He pointed to the ooze, which was already crawling up the sides of the bar owner's body. Even in the dim light of the back stockroom, it grew apparent: it was not ooze but hundreds of spiders, crawling in and out of all of the dead man's orifices.

They spread across the floor, reinforcements pouring from nooks and crannies and cracks in the walls. A line of them trailed up Graves' shoe.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:07 am

"...I hate spiders," Zayne grumbled as he finally stepped backwards over the corpse, desperately trying to shake the spiders from his boot as he did so.

"How the hell am I supposed to shoot spiders," He growled, looking to Som for help.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:47 pm

He shot him an incredulous look. "You're a professional demon hunter! Surely you have more than one tool in your employ."

He hopped up onto a crate, shaking away any spiders that touched his hooves.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:01 pm

"Professional is maybe a bit of an over exaggeration," He yelled back, furrowing his brows. Spiders, what did he do for spiders...

He managed to crawl onto the bar counter, desperately scraping the last few spiders into the floor. Although considering how quick they were moving he wouldn't be safe here for long. He rifled through his pockets and came up with extra bullets, a few viles of holy water and a small package of red vines.

"Here goes nothing," He said, throwing the vile onto the floor.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:53 pm

As the spiders on the ground began to writhe and evaporate, a loud scratching noise became apparent from the ceiling. As they cranes their necks toward the source of the noise, the ceiling caved with a loud clatter.

As the dust cleared, writhing in a mess of ooze and cobwebs and crushed ceiling tile was a massive spider, at least the size of an average man.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Although Zayne's first instinct was to run as fast and far as he could, as soon as he recovered from that the biggest, cruelest grin appeared on his face.

"Now that I can shoot," Zayne said and he leveled his shotgun at the massive spider, although looking at it long enough to properly aim did make his hair stand up on end.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:38 pm

Sensing Zayne's plan, Som hopped further backward, hoping to avoid any mess that would surely result.

The spider turn toward Zayne, exposing a drooling, grayish baby head with pincers. It let out a high pitched screech as it crawled toward him.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Zayne pulled the trigger, aimed directly at the head of that monstrous spider. This time, he was more than prepared for what he imagined would be a shower of either blood and guts or more spiders. It was probably going to be more spiders, knowing how this day was turning out.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:46 pm

It was definitely a shower of all three--green blood, black baby spiders and slimy organ chunks exploded from the body like a geyser, splattering the whole bar. All the tiny spiders curled up with their legs skyward, one by one. The bar grew eerily quiet.

Som slicked back his now befouled hair, clearly unhappy with the situation.

"...That was your plan?"
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:55 pm

"Worked didn't it?" Zayne said as he hopped behind the bar and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. Wiping the dead spider guts and the dead baby spiders from it, he cracked it open and took a good, long drink. He leaned back against the liquor cabinet, sighing loudly. "...looks like I'll have to find a new bar to hang out at."

He smiled, but it was an empty expression. Regardless, he offered the bottle to Som, despite the fact that it was pointless for him to drink.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Some stared distastefully at the bottle for a moment, before shrugging and taking a swig. He shook his head.

"Nothing like a dream. This Earthly brew does nothing for one like me. And for your kind, it just brings your world closer to mine."

He ran a hand over Zayne's slick arm, ignoring the off-putting, sticky texture.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:36 pm

"And what do dreams taste like, anyway?" Zayne asked, snatching back the bottle and taking another long drink before he tossed it onto the ground where it promptly shattered and joined the spider guts in the mix. He grabbed a different bottle instead and worked on opening it.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:57 pm

"Vinegar and strawberries, with a hint of steak sauce," he said matter-of-fairly, nodding.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:01 pm

"That's...disgusting," he said, wrinkling his nose. "And you enjoy that?"

He opens the other bottle and takes a swig from it. He grinned. Much better.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum