How the Turntables

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How the Turntables

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:42 pm

"So, I heard you got disbarred, Mr. LeBlanc," Addock tapped his manicured fingers against the table at the small coffee shop they were sitting in. He tried not to look too smug about it, considering it had been him who had anonymously submitted the evidence, but he wasn't sure he was succeeding. "As it turns out, there's an opening at my firm for an intern. If you're interested, you could work your way back up and to becoming a lawyer again.|

Addock took a sip of his chai tea, reclining in the chair and looking only in Stephen's general direction. It was quiet in the small shop as it was nearly 6:00 on a Thursday night. But Addock preferred it that way.

"Thoughts?"
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How the Turntables

Post by OtomePeach on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:30 pm

"Yeah--who the fuck meets in a coffee shop at 6pm?" grumbled Stephen, glaring at his untouched cup of black with two sugars.  His hair was disheveled, a downright oddity for him--no one could remember the last time he had been seen in public without every last strand glued down with pomade. "You could've at least sprung for a bar, you cheap sandmonkey asshole.  Even on your shitty prosecutor salary, this is insulting."  His thin fingers gripped the mug so hard his knuckles were white; his ordinarily groomed nails looked bitten.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:40 pm

"You don't have to pretend to be tough, Mr. LeBlanc. I'm offering you a chance to redeem yourself. Or, at the very least, a job for the time being. Do you want it, or not?" Addock tapped his fingers against the table a bit impatiently. Maggie stirred at his feet. Addock didn't care what happened to Stephen. He deserved every bit of misery he was acquiring.

...but the truth was, he did feel a twinge of guilt over the ordeal. Stephen was scum and he certainly deserved this, but perhaps, just perhaps, Stephen could make up for at least some of his behavior. He might as well offer.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:48 pm

"Perhaps, if you had had the foresight to have chosen a bar for this meeting instead, I would be balls to the wall fucking plastered at this moment, and this could be an actual conversation I consider. But as far as I can see right now, I'm sitting in a shitty fucking Starbucks knockoff holding shitty tepid coffee and I'm acutely aware of the fact that some opportunistic dickfuck is trying to kick me when I'm down." He took a sip of his coffee, his grimace deepening.

"Thanks, but go shove it up your fucking ass."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:44 pm

Addock took a deep breath and stood up, adjusting his suit.

"You have a week to show up at the firm before we give the position to someone else. I know you're prideful, Mr. LeBlanc. But this is the best opportunity you're going to be given. Don't squander it."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 am

"Where on Earth will I find another internship?" he growled, wrinkling his nose. "Especially one that ends in being one of the low-paid stooges of the lawyering world? Why, that's almost like losing my job as CEO of a fast-food chain and getting generously offered a position as a grill cook. Awfully tempting."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 am

"Except, you've been disbarred in the most dishonorably way possible. You know that it's not that easy, even with that golden tongue of yours," Addock replied sharply. "No firm wants to chance hiring someone who's going to forge evidence, especially when there's already evidence of it. I'm giving you a chance, LeBlanc. Because you're a good lawyer, without forging evidence. But if you don't want to take it, then fine. Like I said. One week."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum