Getting Dumped Sucks, Getting A New Mafia Boyfriend is... better...?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting Dumped Sucks, Getting A New Mafia Boyfriend is... better...?

Post by Axton on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Draza Dragovic had gotten dumped. Again. He didn't even want to think about it, it had been messy. So he had come to his favorite bar to drink a little, smoke a little and forget his relationship woes. No more boyfriends for him. No more relationships. Nothing of the sort.

He lit his cigarette in its holder and inhaled deeply, exhaling the smoke through his nose. He took a deep breath and took a sip of his bourbon before setting down both his drink and his cigarette. Neither were particularly helpful tonight.

Instead, he admired a nearby bouquet of flowers on the table. It was quite exquisite but it was also his handiwork. He adjusted a few of the flowers and smiled. Magnificent. His work was amazing. It was too bad no one else seemed to think so.

There was a good looking man across the bar. He said no more romantic encounters, true, but...a fling couldn't be so bad, could it? He smoothed out his long black gown and adjusted his long gloves. He touched up his makeup and tucked a few hairs into his updo. Perfect.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting Dumped Sucks, Getting A New Mafia Boyfriend is... better...?

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:27 pm

A man in a loud red suit and a large pair of sunglasses walked into the dark bar, immediately commanding attention from his choice of outfit alone. He slicked back his blond hair, scanning the room until he found the person he was looking for.

He sat down next to the only dark-skinned woman in the room, flashing her a smile. His white, straight teeth contrasted with his dark skin, making his smile seem even brighter.

"Buonasera, signora," he said sweetly. "I take it you're the one who's here to do business, si? A pleasure to meet you."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Draza turned to him and frowned. It wasn't that he minded being mistaken for a woman as much as he was upset he had just missed the opportunity to hit on an attractive man, for as soon as the new man had sat next to him, the man he'd been eyeing had stood up and left.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a woman," Draza replied truthfully. "You must be waiting for someone else."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:03 pm

"Nice disguise," he chuckled, grinning wolfishly. "You had me fooled. So, signore, are you ready to do business? Let me buy you a drink." He pulled out a cigarette and lit it, inhaling the smoke deeply.

"Cazzo, questo è un bene," he sighed.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:11 pm

"It's not a disguise. This is how I dress, and no, I am not a woman," Draza clarified, a bit harshly. He was a bit sick of explaining this so often. "Whoever you're here to do business with, it's not me."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:16 pm

"So you're not here to guarantee that your business thrives?" he asked, raising a brow. "Then what are you here for? Not passing up smart propositions, I hope."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:24 pm

"Well, I was here to drink, smoke and ignore my personal life but... What exactly, did you say about businesses and thriving?" Draza rose an eyebrow and he smiled slightly.
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:47 pm

His grin widened and he removed his sunglasses, revealing one brown eye and one blue eye. "Now that's what I like to hear. What're you drinking, signore?"

He held out a leather-gloved hand. "I'm the solution to your problems. Piacere di conoscerti."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:49 pm

"Bourbon is what I'm drinking," Draza replied as he smoothed his dress. He shook the other man's hand, the many rings on his fingers clinking together as he did so. "So, are you a lawyer?"
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 pm

"Not quite," he replied, chuckling. "But my work is, how would you say...similar. Si, similar."

He slid some bills on the counter, smiling at the bartender. "A top-shelf bourbon and a top-shelf vodka martini.

"So what is your business you run, Signore...?" he trailed off, waiting for a name.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:45 pm

"Draza Dragovic, and I am a florist. The best florist you'll ever meet, in fact," he replied with a wide smile. It felt less than genuine and more like the smile he used when greeting customers and clients. His canines were noticeably sharp. He sighed wistfully, motioning to a nearby floral arrangement. "You see? It's one of mine. Beautiful. Exquisite. Meaningful."

Draza slumped over the counter, picking up his cigarette holder and inhaling deeply. He sighed as he exhaled.

"But no one else seems to realize my potential. It's frustrating. My business is wilting."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:14 am

"Financial troubles, signore?" he asked, frowning sympathetically and resting a hand on Draza's back. "I understand. Lucky for you, my job is making such problems go away--we offer insurance as well as loans." He took a drag of his cigarette, and released Draza to take a sip of his martini.

"Mmm. Nice and strong."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 am

Draza took perhaps a bigger drink of his bourbon than he should have. He set it down and looked Cesario in the eye.

"I know a thing or two about what you plan on offering me," he said, tapping his manicured nails on the countertop. "What I want is for you to bring me more business to my flower shop. I don't want a loan. I don't want insurance."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:25 pm

For a moment, Cesario just stared back at him, blue and brown eyes unmoving. Then he laughed, tipping his head back; the dim lights in the bar formed a thin line of gold on his neck. "You act as though I am Satana making a deal at the crossroads. If you would like to me to play the devil, I will--what would you trade for your wish, Signore Dragovic?"

He leaned very close; the pupil in his brown eye was larger, like a gaping void.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:38 pm

"I'll pay you a percentage of my income, but the percentage is dependent on the amount of customers you bring in for me. Paying customers. Not window shoppers." Draza took another drink of his bourbon. "We can talk specifics, of course, but that's my proposition."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:41 pm

"Are you sure you don't just need advertisements?" he teased, lightly shoving Draza's arm. "Fine, fine. We start at 10%. I'll require some capital upfront--or at least an IOU. I can't make something out of nothing--you understand."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Draza glared at him. "I've tried. Everything. Advertising through legitimate channels is pricey. This is cheaper...probably." He shrugged slightly. "I can scrap together a few hundred dollars but not much..."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:26 pm

"Suck my dick and you can consider it a full down payment," he said, slapping the counter in mirth.  "No, really, I'll accept an IOU.  For currency or services."

He winked.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Draza rose an eyebrow.

"You're absolutely atrociously awful at flirting. Are you aware of this? It's embarrassing, to be honest. I was better at hitting on men in middle school and I thought I was white in middle school."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:54 pm

He giggled. "You seem to have flirting confused with my game face, amico mio. When I flirt I'm a lot more...aggressive. This is playful, fun jokes to seal the deal. I'm assuming a fellow businessman knows the drill? Gotta close on all those flower sales.

"Why--did you hope for a second I was un frocio or something? I can tell you something sweet in my language: solo perché sei un frocio non significa che io sono." He laughed again; he sounded more like a hyena than a man.
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Draza smiled sweetly at him as he lit his cigarette and inhaled deeply, exhaling the smoke slowly.

"You know, if you want to talk shit about someone to their face, fare in modo che non parlano la lingua."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Cesario beamed at him, and extended his hand.

"What a pleasant surprise," he said, switching to Italian completely. "Allow me to introduce myself properly, in my mother tongue. I am Cesario Amoretto.

"And you, Mr. Dragovic, are far more interesting than I had first thought. I am intrigued."

He pulled a card from his jacket, sliding it across the table.

"My card. Show it in this cafe when you wish to find me; you'll find one in the mail when I wish to find you. I expect we'll be doing a lot of business in the future."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Draza scoffed but accepted the card. He needed the help, didn't he?

"I'm sure we will."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtomePeach on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:22 pm

"So you don't deny being a faggot?" he asked. "It's interesting--I don't know many men like yourself, in my line of work. At least, ones who aren't whores."
OtomePeach
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:29 pm

Draza sneered.

"In your line of work, they're castrated and emasculated. Of course you don't see a lot of them. They exist in the same quantity as anywhere else, though." He shrugged. "Call me what you will. We have a business arrangement and nothing more."
Axton
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum