Queer Character Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partners! ...or something.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Partners! ...or something. Empty Partners! ...or something.

Post by Axton Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Hesekiel didn't like it, but he suspected Merlin would like it even less. He didn't know the magician very well but he doubted that he was his type. Considering the amount of women he went through in a night, he somehow doubted this would go over well.

Hesekiel took a deep breath and knocked on the door, a bit too hard. He shrugged. It wasn't unusual for him to be a bit too rough.

"Merlin," he called out.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Partners! ...or something. Empty Re: Partners! ...or something.

Post by drawlina Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:07 pm

"Come on in, sugar snap pea!" called a flirtatious albeit groggy male voice. Merlin lounged on his bed, his eyes covered by the cooling eye mask he used to sleep late into the afternoon. All those late night shows would give him dark circles otherwise.

Every wall of his caravan was decorated with yellowing paper: posters for magic shows and movies, photos of celebrities, newspaper clippings, and pulp stories about the occult. Layered over everything were gauzy purple curtains, as though the entire caravan were a big gaudy canopy bed.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Hesekiel glanced around his new room. He tossed his trunk of items into am empty corner.

"I don't think I'm who you're waiting for," he replied honestly.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 pm

"With a sultry voice like that, I'm sure you're more than what I asked for," he teased, waving his hand. "You're the new assistant, right? Put down your things and climb up here so we can get acquainted. I don't bite." He laughed, slicking back his hair.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Hesekiel rolled his eyes. Did he really sound anything like a woman, or was Merlin just this stupid?

"You realize I'm a six and a half foot tall hairy man, right?" he smirked. "'cause if you do know that, and you're fine with it, then yeah, I'll get into your bed."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:47 pm

"...Sugar, you're joking, right?" he said, frowning deeply. "You're not a hot busty babe? I specifically requested a hot busty babe. I drew an example illustration and everything."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 pm

"I've got the busty part down, I'll admit." Hesekiel replied with a smirk. "And the hot part, too. The babe part? Well if you mean a woman, then no. Well, that's not so bad, right? I've got two out of the three things you wanted."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 am

At that description, Merlin shot upright, ripping off his mask.

"David Bowie in all his Labyrinth glory! What the hell are you doing in here?! That phase was over in college, thank you very much--I won't have it. I simply won't!"
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:47 am

"Phase in college?" Hesekiel grinned wider than he perhaps meant to. "Never mind. I'm your new assistant. Tobias' orders, unfortunately. I don't like it any more than you do."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Merlin irritably flipped his hair out of his face, wafting the vanilla perfume of his conditioner through the small space.

"Unthinkable.  Inconceivable!  Unacceptable.  After I spent all that time drawing Tobias such a clear picture.  I'm his biggest money-maker, you know--you'd think that'd buy me more respect around this place."

He sat up, wrapping a fluffy purple robe around his otherwise unclothed figure and climbing out of bed.  Even in the messy disarray of having just woken, Merlin was still moderately good looking; loose strands of his purple hair framed his angular face, giving him a brooding look.  That said, once on equal footing with Hesekiel his stature was far less impressive.  The top of his head barely reached Hesekiel's chin, and he was so thin you probably could have stuffed three of him into the larger man and still had room to spare.

If he was conscious of their size disparity, he showed no sign.

"You need to leave, I'm afraid, my friend--I'll have this all straightened out by noon, no doubt, so you must find somewhere else to live at once. My interest in men ended years ago, and I'm glad for it."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:08 pm

"You know, you seem to be under the impression that if we're living together we're somehow going to end up sleeping together which, while I'm not saying I'd mind an arrangement like that, seems like a strange conclusion to draw when the conclusion I'd probably draw is that we'd just be roommates. But what do I know?" Hesekiel stepped out of the way of the door to allow Merlin to leave. "Well, whatever. I'm not leaving; Tobias already starting doing something else with my caravan so I don't have anywhere else to be. I'll hang out here until you sort this out. I promise I won't touch anything.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Merlin snorted. "Did they not give you a job description, friend? For that matter, have you not seen films? It says 'Magician's Assistant' on the contract, but it basically means glorified live-in bang-maid. Even someone as charming as I grows weary of the constant courting, the need to satisfy hoards of new women every night--sometimes a man simply craves the girl next door, yes? I want someone dependable to...quench my thirsts, let's say."

He cracked his knuckles; his fingers were long and thin, like those of a pianist. "So, I'm afraid you simply cannot fulfill this assignment--it certainly requires a more intimate relationship than either of us are willing to enter. I will talk to Tobias and sort this out, and he must listen this time--there's simply no other option."

-x-

Merlin paced outside his caravan in his robe, irritably running his fingers through his hair over and over again. Fuck that miserable little midget, and all his creepy "bodyguards" too! Merlin Marquis was one of the biggest earners at this circus, and he deserved much better treatment. If his fans knew their favorite headliner was treated with such callous disregard, he was sure they would all faint on the spot.

Worse yet, what was he supposed to tell that hairy, horrible creature inside? He certainly couldn't be his new bang-maid--he was far too hairy, and that had been a mere college phase, God damn it all!
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Hesekiel opened the door and glanced outside. He ran his hands over his beard. "You gonna come in and help me find places for my stuff, or just pace out there? I know Tobias told you to suck it up. He told me the same thing. So get in here."

Hesekiel ducked back into the caravan and crossed his arms, looking over what he'd unpacked. His trunk didn't contain much; a few changes of clothes, shaving equipment, and a few books. Romance novels, at that. He'd stacked them on a nearby dresser, along with his shaving equipment.

"I need a drawer for my clothes," Hesekiel complained.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Merlin sneered at his belongings, crossing his arms. "Why even bring the shaving equipment? It's obvious you never use it, you unwashed oaf. You're not even a neckbeard, you're a bodybeard. Throw out the razor and use the space for your clothes--problem solved."

He sashayed to his dresser, slipping his robe off of his shoulders.

"Don't look while I'm changing--I know you may be tempted, but this body is for ladies' eyes only nowadays. Missed your chance, big guy."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Hesekiel rolled his eyes.

"Oh no, I'm gonna look all I want unless you make a drawer for my clothes," he replied bluntly. He sat down on the edge of the bed, leaning onto his hands and staring pointedly at Merlin. "Also, for the record, I keep myself impeccably groomed."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 pm

"I'll believe you about the grooming when I see it," he replied, wrinkling his nose.  

"Whatever--stare all you want.  I refuse to make space for someone who is unwelcome in my home."  He dropped his robe to the ground, ignoring the sensation of being watched.  His cheeks turning uncomfortably warm, he dug through his drawers for something suitable to wear.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Hesekiel cleared his throat and turned away far sooner than he would admit. It had been some time since he'd seen another man naked and it wasn't exactly the visual stimulus he wanted at that moment. He reached for his stack of books, quickly burying his nose in it to avoid staring at Merlin.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 pm

"So, I hope you weren't planning on sleeping in my bed," he said, slipping into a purple leopard-print thong. "I don't know where you're gonna sleep, but it won't be there."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:57 pm

"Well, I don't see anywhere else to sleep," he replied. "So...I'll be in the bed."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:02 am

"No, you'll be outside until you figure something out yourself. Come on--be creative. You can't be my assistant if you're not creative." He smiled fakely and without effort, pulling on a pair of trousers and clipping suspenders to them.

To be fair, there was a perfectly usable space beneath his bed meant for a second bunk, but it was currently occupied by racks and trunks of Merlin's personal belongings and costumery, as well as a collection of gifts from his fans. As far as he was concerned, there was only one bed and no more room in this caravan.
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Hesekiel stood up and began to shove aside Merlin's boxes in order to make room. He arranged them so that there was barely enough room for him to lay down a layer of animals pelts and blankets, which is exactly what he did. He stashed his books and other belongings in the corner. His space was almost completely hidden from anyone coming and going. This was actually his preference, anyway.

"Is this acceptable?" he asked, crossing his arms.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:52 pm

"Huh? Did you say something?" he asked, buttoning his shirt and tossing a tie onto his shoulders. "If your shit's not outside, it's in my way, and I do not take kindly to things that are in my way. So if you don't mind your trash getting trashed, it'll be fine."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Hesekiel rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, Princess. You'll learn to deal."
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drawlina Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 am

"Call me princess all you want--you're just jealous that I'm prettier," he retorted, wrinkling his nose.  "I wish I could call you princess, but you're downright revolting."
drawlina
drawlina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Hesekiel chuckled to himself.

"You're not the first man to tell me that," he said, although mostly to himself.
Axton
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum